Senior Public Policy Associate, CEE
Warsaw, Poland • Communications & Public Policy
What they'll do...
- Our public policy team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That's partly about fostering lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff so they understand the benefits of this new model. It's also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.
- Establishing Ofo’s brand and profile with policy makers—including governments, third parties and academics.
- Working to ensure that the regulatory framework in every city in Poland supports free floating bike share schemes like Ofo.
What you'll need...
- Ideally you would have 3+ years experience in government affairs (especially with municipalities!), but we’re open to people in other walks of life (e.g. the law, media, consultancy) that intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change.
- A self starter: Ofo is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
- A great advocate: We’re building a new way to move around town and as with any new idea, there's a clear need for advocates that can get others excited about our service.
- A strong campaigner: You’ll need to put together proactive campaigns involving riders and third parties that demonstrate there’s a better alternative to today’s outdated status quo. That means having a bias for action in everything you do—and a willingness to engage in debates, that can often become heated.
- A team player: Success at Ofo depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Founded in 2014, Ofo is the world’s first “non-docking” bicycle-sharing platform, operated via an online mobile app. Combining the idea of the sharing economy and smart appliances, Ofo enables users to hire a bicycle anytime and anywhere. It is a revolutionary and game-changing start-up providing a convenient and on-demand bike hire service, promoting a green and healthy way to commute, helping to solve the first / final mile(s) problem.
Since it was established 2014, Ofo has become the world’s largest bicycle-sharing platform with the fastest growth of new users. It has more than 200+ million registered users, raised over $1.3 billion USD from venture capital funds to become the biggest bike sharing company globally. We operate in over 200+ cities, and provide in excess of 30+ million bike rides per day in China alone. We're looking for great people for our international expansion, where we plan to multiple countries in EMEA.