Supply Chain & Operations Manager, Japan
Tokyo, Japan • Supply Chain
Founded in 2014, ofo is the world’s first and leading dockless bike-sharing platform operated via an online mobile application. ofo is created for sharing and aims to unlock every corner of the world by making bikes accessible to everyone. To date, ofo has connected over 10 million bikes in 180 cities across 15 countries: China, Singapore, UK, US, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Thailand, Austria, Japan, Russia, the Czech Republic, Italy, the Netherlands, Australia and Spain. The platform generates more than 25 million daily transactions and has provided over 200 million global users with 4 billion efficient, convenient and green rides.
We are now operating in Singapore as our APAC headquarters with aggressive plans to grow throughout the Asia Pacific region by hiring people focused on market entry and expansion. You'll be tasked to be hands on in ground up initiatives, growing and scaling operations and processes from scratch with a lean team. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, do apply!
We are looking for you if you possess the following qualities:
-Build an efficient running system that ensures excellent scheduling, deployment of bikes and most importantly, management of ground team activities
- Planning and managing logistics
- Efficient running of warehouse
- Efficient running of transportation/ ground team
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
- Liaising and negotiating with local bicycle repair store and manufacturers
- Deployment scheduling and management
- Geo fencing and physical fencing monitoring
- Manages warehouse condition and storage of bikes
- Manages the transportation of shipped bikes from dock to warehouse
- Manages distribution of bikes
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints (Bike repairs, Bike vandalism etc)
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Skills you will need:
Ability to pivot fast in a early startup environment
Converse well in Mandarin for technical requirements to bicycle factories, warehouse and freight based in China
Ideally English communication preferred
3 or more years of supply chain expertise in Japan or an Asian country
The role is based in Tokyo and will cover across several cities in Japan.
The role reports into our in-country GM.