Regional Head of Public Policy
Chicago, IL • Communications & Public Policy
What you'll do
- At the initial stage, we need you to start crafting the framework for the mid region.
- To lead strategic public policy and government affairs in region
- Educate policy makers, advise stakeholders on emerging regulations
- Advocate policy matters with a passion for ofo and the bicycle sharing industry, with a deep knowledge of political and regulatory dynamics in our markets
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ yrs of experience with policy across the US.
- Passionate about shaping regulatory environments in emerging technologies, and bicycle riding
- Advocacy skills on a high level, deep understanding of US political issues
- Display strong analytical and creative thinking on policy initiatives
- Entrepreneurial DNA
Founded in 2014, Ofo is the world’s first “non-docking” bicycle-sharing platform, operated via an online mobile app. Combining the idea of the sharing economy and smart appliances, Ofo enables users to hire a bicycle anytime and anywhere. It is a revolutionary and game-changing start-up providing a convenient and on-demand bike hire service, promoting a green and healthy way to commute, helping to solve the first / final mile(s) problem.
Since it was established 2014, Ofo has become the world’s largest bicycle-sharing platform with the fastest growth of new users. It has more than 200+ million registered users, raised over $1.3 billion USD from venture capital funds to become the biggest bike sharing company globally. We operate in over 200+ cities, and provide in excess of 30+ million bike rides per day in China alone. We're looking for great people to help build and scale US operations.