Financial Controller - North America
San Francisco, CA • Finance
What you'll do
- Build financial projections for business growth:
- Based on the business development plan, set-up the North American region (currently focused on US) budgets and financial projections.
- Help operations to plan other resources accordingly to achieve best operational efficiency.
- Work with both cross functional business teams and HQ closely to drive business growth.
- Monthly closing of accounts: conduct analysis, coordinate and meet local tax regulation requirements:
- Knowing the operational process very well, facilitate monthly closing and ensure proper expense accrual and cost recognition.
- Analyze each month’s actual results and communicate with the operations team to keep good view on the region’s cost dynamics, while alerting any abnormal situations
- Monthly rolling forecast:
- Analyze actual spending progress and forecast on region’s quarterly total revenue, cost and expense.
- Analyze variance between financial budget and forecast, as well as actual vs. forecast, identify business drivers for variances.
- Daily operational efficiency analysis and cost/expense optimization:
- Work with business team to build investment plans and ROI analysis, approve vendor contract set-up, validate and approve payment to vendors.
- Deep dive on region’s operational cost driver, work with business operation team to achieve high operating efficiency
- Financial projects and business cases:
- Provide business case analysis for any operational efficiency initiatives in the region, control project status from finance view and alert for any deviation.
- Liaise with accounting, tax and legal to finalize any tax/legal concerns in local operations
- Weekly interlock and monthly business review.
- Timely communication with the business head and other cross functions, conduct weekly interlock with the business head and finance BP head.
- Based on business growth and financial results, prepare monthly/quarterly business review with region business head and BP head
What you'll need
- Degree in finance/accounting, 8+ years professional experience in the finance/accounting field
- Good analytical skills and problem solving approach, be able to work proactively and independently
- Knowledge of the principles of statutory accounting/tax, budgeting, financial planning, process definition and expense control. Be able to analyze accounting records, prepare financial statements, and conduct internal control
- Requires Mandarin and English in both oral and writing, be able to do executive communication in both languages
- Start-up/entrepreneur background or working experience is a plus
Founded in 2014, Ofo is the world’s first “non-docking” bicycle-sharing platform, operated via an online mobile app. Combining the idea of the sharing economy and smart appliances, Ofo enables users to hire a bicycle anytime and anywhere. It is a revolutionary and game-changing start-up providing a convenient and on-demand bike hire service, promoting a green and healthy way to commute, helping to solve the first / final mile(s) problem.
Since it was established 2014, Ofo has become the world’s largest bicycle-sharing platform with the fastest growth of new users. It has more than 200+ million registered users, raised over $1.3 billion USD from venture capital funds to become the biggest bike sharing company globally. We operate in over 200+ cities, and provide in excess of 30+ million bike rides per day in China alone. We're looking for great people for our international expansion, where we plan to launch across North America.