Marketing Manager, Korea
Seoul, Korea • PR & Marketing
Founded in 2014, ofo has connected over 10 million bikes with 200 million global users in more than 250 cities across 20 countries. The platform generates 32 million transactions per day and has provided more than 4 billion rides in total.
Users accumulated a riding distance of over 1.2 billion kilometers, reducing 84 million liters of fuel consumption and 265,000 tons of carbon dioxide from just April to June of 2017 alone.
ofo started collaborating with the United Nations Development Programme in April 2017 to achieve the Global Sustainability Goals. It also launched a partnership with Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation in August 2017 to improve the lives of girls in Malawi by funding scholarships and donating bikes to provide them with a safe way to get to school. In Oct 2017, ofo joined hands with C40 in tackling worldwide climate change issues and will contribute in every way possible to researches focused on healthy livable cities, identification of high impact actions, and benefits of inclusive climate actions.
ofo raised $700 million in its Series E funding led by Alibaba, Hony Capital and CITIC Private Equity in July, 2017.
From determining positioning, brand localization, competitive analysis, content marketing to external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
We’re looking for a strategic and deeply analytical marketer to join Our Korean marketing team. You will be responsible for shaping and driving brand awareness for ofo in designated operational cities in Korea. At its core, marketing at ofo starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways.
What you'll do
- You'll need to develop the marketing launches in various cities, in coordination with regional and in-country priorities
- Provide quarterly and yearly roadmap for product , brand activities in close liaison with local counterparts and agencies, manage performance driven analysis / insights that improve campaign effectiveness, providing value to the business
- Manage and coordinate launch activity related to inventory forecast, logistics and regulatory requirements with both local and regional counterparts
- Working closely with the international communications team, you'll be tasked to help drive success in meeting all strategy goals
- Develop the required marketing launch plan in coordination with regional and country priorities
What you'll need
- We will need a local candidate with people management experience and demonstrated experience in brand and project management , handling multiple projects creatively.
- You would come with 4-6 years experience, preferably managing a marketing team, or have translatable experience with the capability to scale junior team members fast
- Ideally you should be able to create campaigns for successful product launches, from scratch, in new markets
- Able to drive new initiatives, strong influencing skills, ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple functions
- Would be a plus if you are able to communicate in Business English and Korean and come with a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience (Mandarin speaking will be preferred)
- Preferred candidates should come with a passion to help grow and make startups succeed!
Join us now!