Business Development Manager, Philippines
Manila, Philippines • Business Development
Founded in 2014, ofo has connected over 10 million bikes with 200 million global users in more than 180 cities across 17 countries. The platform generates 32 million transactions per day and has provided more than 4 billion rides in total. Users accumulated a riding distance of over 1.2 billion kilometers, reducing 84 million liters of fuel consumption and 265,000 tons of carbon dioxide from just April to June of 2017 alone.
ofo started collaborating with the United Nations Development Programme in April 2017 to achieve the Global Sustainability Goals. It also launched a partnership with Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation in August 2017 to improve the lives of girls in Malawi by funding scholarships and donating bikes to provide them with a safe way to get to school. In Oct 2017, ofo joined hands with C40 in tackling worldwide climate change issues and will contribute in every way possible to researches focused on healthy livable cities, identification of high impact actions, and benefits of inclusive climate actions.
ofo raised $700 million in its Series E funding led by Alibaba, Hony Capital and CITIC Private Equity in July, 2017.
Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Responsible for driving the growth of the company by developing new business opportunities, initiating contacts, and developing relationships with prospective clients and customers, study of the market and industry within, exploring new business models, generating business projects in the pipeline, closing deals and integrating new businesses.
What You'll Do
- Develops a business development strategy focused on financial gain
- Develop relationships with local entities to strengthen the position of ofo in the market
- Locates and identifies possible business relationships and collaboration opportunities
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Up to date with professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Develop junior staff into valuable sales people
What You'll Need
Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Sales, or related discipline from an accredited university
Professional certifications related to sales or marketing is an advantage
Minimum of five (5) years business development experience or in a related field
Proficiency in CRM tools
Has strong negotiation skills
Affiliation with local relevant associations is a plus
Vast knowledge of the local market with proven sales track record