PR Manager, Philippines
Manila, Philippines • PR & Marketing
Founded in 2014, ofo has connected over 10 million bikes with 200 million global users in more than 180 cities across 17 countries. The platform generates 32 million transactions per day and has provided more than 4 billion rides in total. Users accumulated a riding distance of over 1.2 billion kilometers, reducing 84 million liters of fuel consumption and 265,000 tons of carbon dioxide from just April to June of 2017 alone.
ofo started collaborating with the United Nations Development Programme in April 2017 to achieve the Global Sustainability Goals. It also launched a partnership with Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation in August 2017 to improve the lives of girls in Malawi by funding scholarships and donating bikes to provide them with a safe way to get to school. In Oct 2017, ofo joined hands with C40 in tackling worldwide climate change issues and will contribute in every way possible to researches focused on healthy livable cities, identification of high impact actions, and benefits of inclusive climate actions.
ofo raised $700 million in its Series E funding led by Alibaba, Hony Capital and CITIC Private Equity in July, 2017.
Responsible for promoting, managing and maintaining the internal and external stakeholder’s view of the ofo brand equity, products and services.
Required to maintain effective working relationships with local government officials and key media representatives through various thought leadership initiatives and communication drives.
What You’ll Do
- Build a communications strategy to shape a distinctive ofo brand that is significantly elevated relative to other bike-sharing companies
- Manage local media inquiries and drive ofo-exclusive media interviews
- Tailor B2B, B2C and B2G key messages based on broader market trends, business operations, marketing and content strategy and communicate the message through multiple channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Develop and maintain PR and communications materials/collaterals/templates such as factsheet, FAQ, guidebook, press kit etc
- Engage industry thought leaders to elevate ofo’s brand positioning as an industry leader in the sharing economy
- Internally to liaise with subject matter experts and function managers to collect communications content
- Work on award nominations and event speaking engagements to enhance brand visibility and credibility
- Strategize and execute CSR campaigns and initiatives. At the same time, to support it with media coverages and marketing drives both online and offline
- Prepare presentations and/or speeches geared toward customers and/or industry groups/events
- Create a robust PR infrastructure to not only support ofo’s marketing position and growth plans locally, but to also align the PR strategy with South East Asia and Global team.
- Actively work with all business units to ensure that ofo’s current leadership in its online share of voice is maintained if not elevated
- All other communications related work required by ofo team
What You’ll Need
Bachelor Degree in Public Relations, Public Administration, Public Health, or related discipline from an accredited university
Professional certifications related to public relations is an advantage
Minimum of five (5) years public and media relations experience or in a related field; Prior working experience in PR agencies is an advantage
Should have extensive experience in developing and executing public relations strategies
Should have handled a medium to large sized team with wide scale coverage (regional or city-wide)
Strong command of written and spoken English
Has experience in dealing with different business units
Able to drive new initiatives, strong influencing skills, ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple functions
Able to communicate in written and spoken Mandarin is a plus
Join us now!