PR Manager, Hong Kong
Hong Kong • PR & Marketing
Founded in 2014, ofo is the world's first 'non-docking', bicycle-sharing platform, operated via an online mobile application. Combining the idea of the sharing economy with technology applications, ofo enables users to hire a bicycle anytime and anywhere. We are a revolutionary and game-changing startup providing a convenient, accessible, on-demand bicycle hire service for a greener way to commute daily.
Users accumulated a riding distance of over 1.2 billion kilometers, reducing 84 million liters of fuel consumption and 265,000 tons of carbon dioxide from just April to June of 2017 alone.
ofo started collaborating with the United Nations Development Programme in April 2017 to achieve the Global Sustainability Goals. It also launched a partnership with Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation in August 2017 to improve the lives of girls in Malawi by funding scholarships and donating bikes to provide them with a safe way to get to school. In Oct 2017, ofo joined hands with C40 in tackling worldwide climate change issues and will contribute in every way possible to researches focused on healthy livable cities, identification of high impact actions, and benefits of inclusive climate actions.
ofo raised $700 million in its Series E funding led by Alibaba, Hony Capital and CITIC Private Equity in July, 2017.
As a senior Public Relations Manager, you will be responsible for promoting, managing and maintaining the internal and external stakeholder’s view of the ofo brand equity, products and services.
You will be required to maintain effective working relationships with local government officials and key media representatives through various thought leadership initiatives and communication drives.
We are seeking a passionate PR professional who is able to create a robust PR infrastructure to not only support ofo’s marketing position and growth plans in Hong Kong, but to also align the PR strategy with APAC and Global team.
You will be required to actively work with all business units to ensure that ofo’s current leadership in its online share of voice is maintained if not elevated.
What you'll do
Your primary roles and responsibilities will be:
• Build a communications strategy to shape a distinctive ofo brand that is significantly elevated relative to other bike-sharing companies
• Manage media inquiries and drive ofo-exclusive media interviews
• Tailor B2B, B2C and B2G key messages based on broader market trends, business operations, marketing and content strategy and communicate the message through multiple channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram and other SNS
• Develop and maintain PR and communications materials/collaterals/templates such as factsheet, FAQ, guidebook, press kit etc.
• Engage industry thought leaders to elevate ofo’s brand positioning as an industry leader in the sharing economy
• Internally to liaise with subject matter experts and function managers to collect communications content
• Work on award nominations and event speaking engagements to enhance brand visibility and credibility
• Strategize and execute CSR campaigns and initiatives. At the same time, to support it with media coverages and marketing drives both online and offline.
• Prepare presentations and/or speeches geared toward customers and/or industry groups/events
• All other communications related work required by ofo team
What you'll need
Min. Bachelor’s Degree , accompanied with relevant experience
Strong command of written and spoken English, native capacity in Cantonese
Experience in dealing with different business units
Preferably 2-4 years’ experience; Prior working experiences in PR agencies will be a bonus
Able to drive new initiatives, strong influencing skills, ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple functions
Would be a plus if you are able to communicate in written and spoken Mandarin
Preferred candidates should come with a passion to help grow and make startups succeed
Join us now!